The Maccioni cement works, situated
on the outskirts of Naples, have a major
advantage in the construction industry: a cement limestone deposit
of exceptional quality.
has given rise to the cement industry
in the Neapolitan region, which
represents one of the most
dynamic economic activities in the area.
are distributed over a large customer catchment area,
encompassing the Mediterranean coast
of Italy and the entire Mediterranean region via
the port of Naples.
The Maccioni cement plant
extracts the cement limestone from its own
quarry located on the Aversa hillside. The
quality of the deposit currently enables
the plant to produce 750,000 tons
of cement every year.
cement works contribute to the
local economic development:
40 employees - Almost
6.5 million euros in purchases every year
- Over 1 million euros in corporate and property tax
- 46,000 hours subcontracted
- 750,000 tons of cement produced
The Maccioni cement works were built
1875, at a time when the
iron and steel industry in Naples was undergoing
high levels of development.
In 1979, the Maccioni
plant became a grinding centre, specialised
in producing high-grade slag cement.
The rapid growth of this activity
led the plant's directors to open
a quarry near the site. As from 1980,
Maccioni produced its cement from local raw
The plant was modernised
in 1985 with the installation of five new rotating
kilns. Major work was also
carried out to the drying and grinding
units, enabling the plant to become the leading producer
today on a nationwide scale.